Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] Empty
PostSubject: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:03 am

It was some time after Luke's battle with the enigmatic Isaac, Luke abusing tournament rules to drop out with the current money he gained, which he used to buy relics... among other things, such as strengthen his newfound Nakidow. But that wasn't the main concern of the moment. No, Luke was on the forest trail, carefully and quietly moving, checking for any signs of sound or the like. Before the next gym, Luke wanted to catch another Natrelmon to use for his team... and look he certainly did, for the second Natrelmon of his team.

There seemed to be a specific pattern to where Luke looked: he spent an inordinate amount of time under bushes, checking for foxholes to see if he could catch anything off-guard while they were asleep. He would also occasionally stop at the noise of a sound, edge over to a tree and stay in the shadows away from the sound, to see if anything would carelessly walk by. After all, with the number of creatures in this forest, there was bound to be a case of one or two stray animals on the path... if he wasn't careful, he would be overpowered.

In any case, he kept to this careful trail, Nakidow's relic clenched firmly in the palm of his gloved, left hand, to keep away the aspect of intimidation, yet still have something close at hand to defend itself. Luke could even tell through the relic: Nakidow was eager, brimming with a new power it had yet to practice, and it wanted nothing more than to try it out. The only problem: the wild could be much like a fishing boat. A good day one day, and a dead day the next. Still, Luke would be patient... even if he had to spend the entire night in these woods.

Ironically, it was even a little past sunset at this point... just in time for the active dark types to be somewhat awake...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:04 am

Please, no whammies!
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:04 am

The member 'The Science Freak' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 94, 46, 50, 76
Back to top Go down
https://natrelmon.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:30 am

Luke was frustrated as the dark-blue dawn turned to the black of night, but he had not yet given up hope for finding a second member to add to his party, an eventual friend to his monster of a spider. He decided to take a trail less taken, which, at this hour of the night, took him down a rather spooky lane, something that Luke would fine a very unique experience.

The trees, narrow and dead in places, seemed to, at a false glance, take the appearance of haunting skeletons; a more careful observation would temporarily alleviate fear, but it did not change the fact that Luke was alone. In a dangerous forest. At night. Something was bound to catch scent of him sooner or later.

Realising that light was to soon become an issue, Luke took out his flashlight and, covering it with a red lens, turned it on, aimed towards the ground so as to not accidentally spook something that could be greatly angered by such an action. Keeping his tight grip on Nakidow's relic, Luke walked on, only slightly taken back by the fact that this forest could kill him.

Its alright Luke assured himself. There's nothing out here that my Nakidow and I can't handle together, as long as I don't go looking for caves... the larger predators should be largely asleep without active prey... His self assurances were getting him somewhere, but he soon ceased thought entirely, not wanting to put himself distracted from the actual situation.

Once he got the nerves out of his system, Luke began looking down, checking for trails, disturbed bushes, anything that could suggest that a wild creature was nearby. He moved through denser areas towards clearings, towards water sources... it was only a matter of time before Luke realised that he had wandered quite a bit off of the beaten path.

"Damn it," Luke mutterred to himself, frustrated at his ignorance to the situation. Still, he kept relatively calm, taking note of the area he was in, taking a sharp rock and striking it against a tree, making an X. If he was walking in circles, Luke would eventually find out based on these markings... unfortunately, this didn't help the fact that he didn't know where he was entirely.

Thoughts began spinning in his head. Should he just begin walking straight out in one direction, or should he just stay put? Should he call Nakidow out to be ready, or should he keep the spider away in case something good popped around? Or should he just follow his markings back and use the flashlight to read the map best he could? Or should he stay still and risk a fire?

The tournament seemed so far away at this moment. After all, what did it matter if he didn't get out of here? Then, suddenly... the fear disappeared as Luke's sense of adventure kicked in. This wasn't the time to just keep lead in the soul; no, this was an opportunity to be embraced, like every other day on earth. If he was going to be lost out here, he might as well succeed at what he came here to do.

So, with that, Luke became focused on his job once again, perhaps foolishly going back to the burrows of what would have been largely nocturnal animals, to see if he could find a rare sleeping on... barring that, he began not fearing sounds, but embracing them as opportunites as a trainer. Even Nakidow seemed to feel Luke's excitemen, a slight pulse coming from the relic at this.

So, Luke decided. He had one last shot this night to find a wild Natrelmon. Even at this point, he was burning moonlight, but with the adrenaline the way it was, there was no way Luke was going to sleep that night. So, he continued searching, even though it was a distinct possibility that he would have to be searched for at some point, if this carried on.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:30 am

'Percentile' : 2, 50, 28, 45
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:45 am

As Luke searched, he would come upon the blue spikey haired dog that was Datic. The Datic was sniffing along, probably on the trail of some tasty morsel. It was facing about 105 degrees away from Luke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:52 am

Seeing the Datic, a rather pleasant sight to see, only a short distance in front of him, Luke looked with a slight grin as the Natrelmon was looking away from him at this moment. He had a clear shot of trying to use a relic once, even if the Datic tried to run away, so he carefully and quietly drew two E-rank relics into his left hand, calling forth a Nakinid, which silently appeared from a mist on Luke's right, which was more behind that Datic than Luke was. Pointing at the Datic, Nakinid understood, letting forth a large steel net from its mouth so that its bottom would hit just before the Datic on the floor, large enough to keep the Datic from moving for a moment (as in the rest of the net would completely cover and push it down) and strong enough to cause some damage to the creature, especially considering the wide distance in strength. Nakinid also kept a steel line attached to this net to do additional control if necessary.

Simultaneously, Luke prepared some magic in his right hand...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 am

The Datic caught sent of them however, and turned to face them, growling, until he saw the giant metal spider. He whined for a moment and started slowly backing away, unleashing a shock at the spider as it retreated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:12 am

Unfortunately, the Datic's response was a tad late, as by the time it could whimper and prepare the shock, the net had already pinned the Datic against the ground, Nakidow using its metalmorphasis to make sure that the Datic would stay pinned against the ground: it would have to struggle a great deal to get out, more than likely enough time for Luke to attempt using all three relics. The shock used caused the Datic to shock itself, given the steel surrounding it, further lowering its health in addition to the steel wire digging itself in, which would most likely weaken it to the point of capture.

Just in case, Nakidow laid in egg in preparation, a steel wire attaching it to the body.

Luke aimed his first E-rank relic at the Datic, and exclaimed the expression, "Reis ke Dat!"

If relic one failed, there was 2... and then 3.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:12 am

'Percentile' : 67, 3, 68
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:20 am

With Datic at 80% health, the first relic broke while the second relic caught it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]   Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke Tries for a Natrelmon [Forest]
Page 1 of 1