Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bree

Bree

Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains] Empty
PostSubject: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Ashlee woke up in the hotel room she was staying at for the time being, which had been paid for by those running the tournament. She looked at her two Relics, which were sitting side by side on her nightstand. She still didn't have a match for the tournament, and training Sparwire wouldn't really help during it, but Ashlee still wanted to do something Natrelmon-related. She then turned her attention to her Ebe. Even though the Natrelmon wasn't one she had particularly hoped for, catching new Natrelmon was always a good idea. She might as well try again today.

After dressing in a red tank top and a pair of khaki shorts, she headed to the Pinehearst store again. This time, remembering her failure on the first attempt with the Ebe, she purchased two Relic E's and left the store. At first, she wasn't sure where to go: she didn't want to look for Natrelmon in the same area as before, but she didn't know the area very well. She did, however, remember the plains just outside of the forest. There might be less Natrelmon there, but they would be much easier to see, so she decided to search there. She exited Lifan in the same direction she had last time, but this time she stayed away from the forest, opting for the plains just south of it. Immediately, she didn't see any Natrelmon, but that didn't mean there weren't any.

Before continuing any further, Ashlee took both of her occupied Relics in hand, examining them in an attempt to decide which Natrelmon to use. Ebe couldn't really do much useful at this point, only being able to use basic Wind techniques. Sure, that meant it needed training even more than Sparwire, but it probably wasn't going to learn much from a wild Natrelmon encounter. So, Ashlee placed Ebe's Relic back in her bag and called out Sparwire, stretching out her right arm for the bird to land on. Sparwire, chirping excitedly, took the perch, and the two again began to search for wild Natrelmon, Ashlee holding an empty Relic loosely in her left hand. She wasn't as nervous this time; her success with the Ebe had given her confidence, at least for wild Natrelmon encounters. Battling another trainer would be a different story, but Ashlee still had confidence for it.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 pm

The member 'LadySheeana' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 22, 81, 56, 89
Back to top Go down
https://natrelmon.forumotion.com
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Ashlee saw a movement in the tall grass ahead, and she rushed over to it, but when she looked down there was nothing there. Stopping for a moment, she stared at the line of trees just north of her. It was tempting to abandon the plains and go back to the forest, but something told Ashlee that there were still Natrelmon here. She would just have to look harder. Natrelmon in the forest wouldn't be as concerned about hiding, since the trees did that for them, but on the plains, Natrelmon had to make a point of staying out of sight. Besides, thought Ashlee, I'm not going to get anywhere if I give up whenever something doesn't immediately go my way. I need to keep trying, and maybe if I don't find something soon, I will go for the forest, but at least I will have tried.

Ashlee saw a small hill in front of her, and this gave her some hope. She would have a good view of the area from the top of the hill, and Sparwire could fly up to see if there were any Natrelmon in the area. Ashlee was tempted to run up the hill, but she knew it was better to conserve her energy. One other thing that bothered her about the plains, other than the eerie lack of activity, was the tall grass as it gently scraped against her bare shins, obviously not covered by her shorts. Still, she kept walking, though she did make a mental note that wearing shorts while looking for Natrelmon in the wild was perhaps not the best idea. Maybe she would get used, to it, though. At any rate, Ashlee finally reached the top of the hill. She scanned the immediate area for any sign of a Natrelmon, but she still didn't see anything. The only observable movement of the plains was the gentle swaying of the grass in the wind. Still, maybe it was just Ashlee that couldn't seen anything. "Sparwire, fly up and see if you can spot anything!"

Sparwire jumped off of Ashlee's arm enthusiastically and she began to fly forward, flapping her wings furiously to gain altitude as well. Once she decided she was high enough (about twenty feet above Ashlee's head), Sparwire stopped moving forward and turned her movement into a wide circle around the hill, about thirty feet away from Ashlee. She stared at the ground as she did so, looking for any sign of movement or life. Sparwire made three circles around the hill before she turned and flew back to Ashlee, landing on her owner's outstretched arm.

"Man, still nothing," sighed Ashlee. "Well, we shouldn't let this opportunity go to waste. Let's stay up here for a while, Sparwire. Maybe something will come out." Ashlee sat down on the top of the hill, moving her arm carefully to make sure that the movement didn't cause Sparwire discomfort. Despite the lack of Natrelmon, Ashlee did enjoy the view of the morning sun from the crest of the hill. Sitting up here like this reminded her of the picnics she used to go on when she was younger, usually with her mom and sometimes Aiex. Her dad was often too busy to go, but Ashlee still spent time with him at home. Aiex would always let all of her Natrelmon out when they went on picnics, and the family would watch them play while they ate. On most of the picnics, Aiex's starting Natrelmon was a Hawkline, but she could faintly remember the bird as a Crowire. They had only gone on one picnic with the bird as an Animikii, since soon after it fully evolved, Aiex gained her position as one of the best trainers in Nerta, a member of the Elite Triumvirate.

This nostalgia made Ashlee realize her hunger, since she hadn't yet eaten breakfast. For a moment, she considered heading back to Lifan, but then she remembered that she had some granola bars and a little bit of beef jerky in her bag. She slid it onto the ground from her shoulder and withdrew one granola bar and the package of beef jerky. Sparwire also jumped to the ground from Ashlee's arm to make this movement easier. She took out a piece of beef jerky and tore a bit small enough that Sparwire wouldn't choke off of it and held it up to Sparwire's mouth. The bird gladly took it and swallowed it whole, since it was small enough. Ashlee herself ate the rest of the piece of beef jerky and took the wrapper off of the granola bar. She again offered a small bit to Sparwire before eating it herself. She then put the package of beef jerky back in her bag and put the granola bar wrapper in her pocket to throw away later.

"Well, Sparwire, let's go." Sparwire jumped onto Ashlee's outstretched right arm and Ashlee stood up, still determine to find a Natrelmon.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

The member 'LadySheeana' has done the following action : Dice

#1 'Percentile' : 64

--------------------------------

#2 'Percentile' : 1

#3 'Percentile' : 69

#4 'Percentile' : 70
Back to top Go down
https://natrelmon.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]
Page 1 of 1