Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' Empty
PostSubject: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 am

The glass doors of the Heat Arena flew open, handles smacking again the walls and sending a smacking sound reverberating throughout the large room. Saibrah Themis proudly strolled into the stadium, a rather large grin plastered over his face. This is the day, he ecstatically thought. The day I get my first badge.

"Hellloooooooo!" He called out, looking around the arena. "My name is Saibrah Themis, I wish to challenge this Arena!" He wasn't sure if he was being too courteous, or even too hyper, but better happy and ready than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:24 am

" Uh... Okay... A bit more spontaneous and random than most challenges I've recieved but whatever! I accept your challenge! On two conditions, you may not hit the vents on the floor, nor can you fire at my perches on the cieling. Besides that, have fun! "

With this simple greeting Eclipse took out his combat knife and summoned Ocalia quickly before him. It was 5 feet in front of him from where he stood on his pedestal. Saibrah would want to get on his as well if he wanted a good view. Ocalia would be around 55 feet from Saibrah, but since his Natrelmon could be summoned nearly anywhere the cat remained cautious. And would be ready for any move a suddenly summoned Natrelmon could make. Eclipse would be ready as well, anticipating some tricks to be up this ones sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:29 am

"Ocalia... Hum..." He pulled the amulet from his pocket and said the incantation. Immediately, a swirling magical force overtook it. In an instant, the whirling spell disappeared, and in the amulet's place was a statue of a Volcan, standing strong and proud on a pedestal of marble. White essence drifted from the miniature statue, and it formed Saibrah's Volcan on the ground, fifteen feet in front of Saibrah's current position, which was atop a rock platform.

The Volcan was forrty feet from Ocalia. "Advance, slowly. Stay alert." Ordered Saibrah, now completely determined and serious. He snapped his neck to the left, emitting a sharp cracking sound. It was a habit of his.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 am

Ocalia would, in response to Volcans slow trudge foward, dash side to side with the agility naturally given to cats to outmaneuver anything Volcan would eventually through at the cat. Ocalia would make its way behind a rock around 20 feet in front of Volcan. There it would stay behind cover on its toes until Eclipse ordered otherwise or it sensed imminent danger and followed its instinct of getting the **** out the way.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:03 am

Upon seeing the Ocalia dash towards the rock, Saibrah gave his command. He said it in a tone that neither the leader nor Ocalia would be able to hear, but Volcan was right in earshot. "A little closer, Volcan," he began, "and stab the cat using his cover." The Volcan understood exactly what he had to do. When he was fifteen feet in range, Volcan had a stone blade jut from the rock near instantly. Normally, it would take over a minute for this blade to grow. But the blade was only around four or five inches long, and not too thick. However, the Ocalia's body was right next to the rock. It shot out with decent speed. It made no noise and Volcan made no sign to give it away. The cat would not realize what had hit it before it was too late.

In some miraculous chance that it DID dodge the blade, Saibrah ordered Volcan to have two Earth Shots - the gravel and sand of which was collected from nearby rocks - sweep through both sides of the rock, and curve inwards. If it ran either way of the rock, or backed up, it would be hit by the Earth Shot. If it tried to run up the rock, it would be slashed by the blade.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Despite Volcan taking his time to walk 5 feet, Ocalia did not move from her position and was hit. Eclipse, hearings its screech/whimper recalled it.

Rhyferno would then be summoned in a quick flash of light, ready for any attack the Volcan/Volcannon could throw at it. The flaming rhino would again be 5 feet in front of Eclipse bracing for an attack. The Volcan/Volcannon was around 35 feet from Rhyferno and would be standing at the beginning of the dry grass field located in the center of the Arena.

Eclipse stayed cautious and read. But he would otherwise wait for the Volcan/Volcannon to have the first move.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 am

But no attack came. Volcan was simply ordered to walk until it was about fifteen feet away from where the rhino spawned. "Stay leery, Volcan." Said Saibrah, preparing to act if Rhyferno followed true to Saibrah's mental prediction. Joe withheld what Saibrah was thinking because he didn''t want Raymes purposely NOT doing what he assumed the beast was going to do.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Whilst the very slow Volcan walked for 15 straight feet, Rhyferno would launch 5 pairs of Singe Bullets, a half-second between each burst. As he fired, Rhyferno would space out the two Singe Bullets that came out of its mouth (at each time) so that a slight space would be in between the two laterally, so that one flat Feeble Shield could not block both pairs in a burst. All would be aimed to hit Volcan in the face with force, and, if Volcan moved, Rhyferno would simply move his body to accomodate its new location and continue the barrage. They were all aimed to hit Volcan in the face.

Seeing as Volcan was walking 15 feet and it walk was probably a foot per second, if the Volcan simply walked through the barrage (x2 resistance to fire) it cover around 5 feet as the last Singe Bullet fell.

Eclipse and Rhyferno would be ready to bail at any moment during this attack in case Volcan had another trick up its metaphorical sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:58 am

"Earth Shot, Volcan!" The armadillo did as commanded, trusting his master. A swirling burst of gravel and debris flew into the air in front of Volcan, heading on a direct course for the Singe Bullets. The tiny flaming pieces of coal were caught up in the attack and lost all speed and power. Both moves fell to the ground harmlessly.

By this time, the Volcan was where it was ordered to be. "Again, Volcan. Offensively!" Another Earth Shot sprang up, this time about five feet from the rhino. It would fly directly towards its face, aiming to temporarily blind and scare it.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:04 am

Now this didn't happen and Volcan was bombarded by several un-dodgeable attacks, but before we get to that a large explanation was in order.

Assuming the place where Saibrah stood was at mark 0, going by feet, Rhyferno's spot would be at mark 55. Volcan had been summoned the battle before at mark 15, 40 feet away. However, during its battle with Ocalia, Volcan had moved a total of 5 feet foward to mark 20 while Ocalia had gone to it at mark 35. Volcan, having been at this spot when Rhyferno was summoned at mark 55, would be 35 feet away. Now, wanting to be at mark 40, Volcan would have to walk 20 feet. Now here is where the argument occurs.

While Saibrah had to yell his orders, it was easy to tell Rhyferno to fire. However, it would take around 2.5 seconds for the last of the Singe Bullets to exit Rhyfernos mouth at which point Volcans walking pace would bring him around 2.5 feet foward. Now, the Singe Bullets would reach in around 3-4 seconds, however and Earth Shot met them halfway, at which point Volcan would now be, more or less, at mark 25, 15 feet from his intended location at mark 40. Now, the time it would take for Eclipse to order a counter attack and for Volcan to respond would be around 3-5 seconds, which a still walking Volcan (Not at full speed or half speed because it is a 'walk') would cover around 3 to 5 feet during.

This meant that for the above absolute to occur Volcan would have to travel 10-12 feet, recieve orders from Saibrah, and attack with earth shot, all while walking.

With the above reasoning it would be assumed that the below happened:

As soon as the Singe Bullets were repelled, Eclipse ordered for the same attack to be fired again. Rhyferno would respond to these orders immedietly and launch the previous attack bursts exactly as stated in his previous post. Due to the above absolute that was given, Volcan would be doing nothing but walking for those 10-12 feet. Borrowing a way to disable targets that are double resistant to fire attacks; Eclipse had all the Singe Bullets meet with Volcan's face/eyes which would undoubtedly cause the armidillo to be blinded by 10 piece of fiery coal shattering against its eyes. Tiny bits of rock, flames, and still hot ash from the multiple hits would badly hurt the eyes unless Volcan was recalled immedietly and healed.

To add to this, Eclipse would order Rhyferno to fire two Earth Shots out from in front of Volcan at its face a few seconds after the Singe Bullets hit, launching more particles at its eyes. As a precaution against Volcans memory of where Rhyferno was, the Rhino cautiously moved to the right 4 feet in as quick a manner a Rhino could muster.

Volcan would most likely stop its advance after being hit in the eyes multiple times. If it continuedto walk and if Saibrah did not recall it the armidillo would suffer permanant damage to its eyes from the lingering rocks and ash that could burn or scar them.

Eclipse was still wary however, and waited to see if the trainer had any more tricks. Because of this, he was still ready for the armidillo to keep fighting. An order to dodge or attack was on the tip of his tongue for Rhyferno to follow.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:07 pm

four years later saibrah was like "haha pussy" and took the badge that he earned before by almost dying and it's amazing paul hasn't cleaned out the old arena battles from 2010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'   Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet Another, Less Pretentious, 'Let's Just Get This Over With.'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Natrelmon :: Roleplaying :: Cities :: Toran :: Toran Arena-
Jump to: