Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starter's Tournament Battle #1

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Starter's Tournament Battle #1 Empty
PostSubject: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 pm

It was the morning after the night seeking the wilds that the tournament had started. Like several other trainers, Valerie stood in line and, upon confirming registry, received a gold competition coin worth two-thousand N after the first round of the tournament. Battles could take place anywhere in Sakura or its outskirts, the premise being quite simple: the last one with coins would win the tournament.

Despite this, Valerie still found herself sitting rather lazily in the town square of Sakura, coin grasped tightly in her hand, a dozing, infant Hydrus sitting peacefully on her lap, purring occasionally. She seemed out of place, her eyes looking around occasionally for the presence of anyone else in the tournament... well, she might as well get this fight out of the way, after all...
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Ashlee had also received a coin for registering within the tournament. She was eager to get started but at the same time nervous. She had never battled before, and she was still afraid that she wouldn't be good at it. She resented the fact that she had been ranked in the top tier; she wanted to challenge someone in a much lower tier first to test her skills, but she felt it would be too unfair. Why should it be, though? Ashlee hadn't chosen her ranking. Still, it was unlikely that many people would accept her challenge.

In the hopes of finding someone willing to battle, Ashlee sat on a bench in the town square, coincidentally near Valerie. To hopefully signify that she was ready and willing to battle, Sparwire was out and resting on the bench beside her. Still, Ashlee didn't expect a battle to necessarily just come to her, so she looked over the people in the area, noticing that Valerie was the girl she had seen in the forest last night. Maybe they could battle, but Ashlee didn't want to make the first move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Valerie didn't share Ashlee's concerns about battling nor did she fear having to battle a higher-tiered person, especially with their seemingly arbitrary assignments. Hydrus stirred from its sleep as it was recalled into the ring on Valerie's finger, Valerie standing and walking over to Ashlee as she made eye contact. Her expression was level, with the slightest smile, as she walked in appropriate range to ask the question: "I see you're in the tournament; would you like to battle?"

After appropriate response, the two would likely find themselves 20 feet apart, a grounded-Sparwire in front of each of them. With a mutual agreement not to use spells, the battle would begin shortly, Ashlee having the first move of the battle.
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:22 pm

"Uh... I suppose," said Ashlee.

Once the two were in their proper positions, Ashlee commanded Sparwire to rise into the air, but both remained ready to dodge and react as necessary. It wouldn't be apparent to Valerie, but Sparwire also began to charge electricity. Both birds were Electric types, so their moves wouldn't be too effective on each other, but it still couuldn't hurt to prepare and also test the waters. Assuming no interruptions or changes, Sparwire would stop ascending once she was ten feet above the ground, waiting for the opponent to make a move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 pm

"Run and rise, towards the left," Valeria commanded, giving a unique name to a rather simple mechanic.

Comprehending the command, Valerie's Sparwire began by running on foot for about two feet before kicking off, letting its wings take the air and push under him, gaining about three inches of altitude while building forward momentum with careful flaps, moving towards about thirty degrees to the left of the opponent.

Before proper aim could be sent on this path, its trajectory wildly changed, quickly springing upward by holding its wings taut, soaring highly above the opponent Sparwire, reaching an elevation of seven feet while the opponent hung around five, now matching the opponent Sparwire's speed of ascent and movement. It was a simple strategy for matters of a proper take-off: horizontal speed, which was easier to build, could be sacrificed for height, and height could be sacrificed for horizontal speed.

Taking the final initiative in this early strike, the Sparwire, at a range of about four feet away, having taken a curve back to the right after the initial run, let forth an inner storm towards its opponent, aiming so that the top of the opponent's back would be hit with the strike. It also leveled out at seven feet, beginning to build horizontal momentum once more.
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Sparwire, however, was not slow. Both Ashlee and the bird were easily able to roughly judge its trajectory from the beginning based on how it positioned itself on the ground, and Sparwire began to beat her wings more furiously with a command from Ashlee, and the time it took for Valerie's Sparwire to travel roughly fifteen feet forward was plenty of time to aim. A Vortex was sent at the bird so that it would hit it while it was angling its wings to move upward, thus leaving itself momentarily slowed and unable to change direction. Ashlee hadn't planned on the bird stopping, but Sparwire's aim was unaffected, and it was even better. If the Vortex hit, it would send the Sparwire spiraling to the ground along with doing some initial damage, and the bird would be momentarily stunned when it hit the ground. While attacking, Sparwire would also attempt to gain some more height when she could.

If Valerie's Sparwire somehow dodged this attack, Ashlee's Sparwire would fly forward on Ashlee's command to avoid the attack, easily doing so and also taking the chance to gain some more altitude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Fortunately, Valerie's command was wide-ended, and left her ample time to look at the field; without spells, the origin of all opposing attacks would be from the enemy Sparwire; seeing a difference in the opponent's flapping pattern, Valerie began on the order. "Dodge..."

She waited until the moment the vortex left the Sparwire's wings, when the attack would be sent out with a powerful flap. "... right!"

The Sparwire on the ground quickly understood, changing its direction as soon as the attack was launched several feet away, moving away from its vector by a wide margin, the attack missing several feet to the left, on the path the Sparwire was originally on, before taking to the air as before, firing the attack with the exception that it now had a greater lead in altitude by about half-a-foot, the opponent sacrificing temporary effort to use vortex.

From Ashlee's dodge, Valerie's Sparwire could now gain elevation at equal rate of the opponent, and thus eternally had the high-ground advantage against it, unless something interrupted the status-quo. It turned to move and follow behind Ashlee's Sparwire, letting forth another inner storm as directed before, this time attacking so that moving forward would simply mean a more direct hit.
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Unfortunately, by the time Valerie would be able to notice Sparwire's intensified efforts (which were barely noticeable even from a close distance at that time), recognize them as more than just an attempt to gain more altitude, react to it, and give a command, her Sparwire was already off the ground, having only traveled two feet on it before taking off. Thus, the opponent's Sparwire's dodge had to take place in air instead of on the ground, and while Valerie's Sparwire was trying to adjust a trajectory planned for an upward pull to one suited for a right turn, the Vortex collided with it as planned. The Sparwire had barely turned right by the time the attack hit it in the back because such a motion was difficult when it was sudden, unexpected, and when the bird was trying to gain altitude.

Valerie's Sparwire would be spun wildly from the attack, spiraling downward into the ground in front of it, also unable to gain control of itself due to the fact that now the Vortex and Sparwire shared roughly the same trajectory thanks to the Sparwire's right turn, so the Vortex hassled it for longer than it would have normally. While the Vortex and the impact with the ground would deal plenty of damage to Valerie's Sparwire, Ashlee wasn't quite sure, so she ordered her Sparwire to follow it while it was still being spun by the Vortex. When Valerie's Sparwire hit the ground, it would be momentarily stunned, prone, facing away from Ashlee's Sparwire, and also hit by a Shock from Ashlee's Sparwire. Then, before this period of inactivity was over, Ashlee's Sparwire would begin to use the Wind innate from its position about five feet above and two feet behind the opposing Sparwire. This would deal continuous damage and also prevent the opposing bird from taking off. At this point, Valerie had no choice but to recall the bird.

Ashlee and Sparwire were of course ready to react and change their plans at any time.

((If you don't want to dodge as specified in my post, then your original post before my would take precedence and stuff would still happen roughly as described here. If you can somehow get out of this, also, I'll dodge the attack written in your post, but right now there's not a point, and this falls under "Ashlee and Sparwire were ready to react..."))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Of course, for any of Ashlee's orchestrated plans to work, they would require Sparwire getting slammed into the ground. The vortex, with a downward-sending force based on its rotation, or 'counter-clockwise', would be against Valerie's Sparwire flight pattern, which would make it difficult, but not impossible, to work around.

Taking Valerie's advice later than intended, the Sparwire moved towards the right and skirted into the vortex with the most force-less angle; realizing its trifle, the Sparwire fired an inner storm originally intended for the opponent directly downward at the base of the vortex in an effort to disrupt it's flow, turning its head around to do so while turning harder to the right. With the wind dissipated, Sparwire flapped its wings with effort once, quickly moving away from the vortex, forcibly conceding its opponent the height advantage as it would begin to climb once more, unless its vortex adventure was interrupted.

Since it would get out of the vortex sooner than expected, it would be unlikely that Ashlee's Sparwire could react immediately to this Sparwire's action, though, only being a few inches from the ground to begin with, it did have to land (on its feet) before moving to gain altitude once more. It had no means to attack, however, unaware of its opponent's location until Valerie reoriented it with an order. Still, the vortex itself would put distance between the two, giving time to at least avoid the full brunt of attacks if not entirely dodge them.

The above is subject to change via situation.
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Unfortunately, Sparwire couldn't think for itself very well in a pinch situation like that. Well, not well enough to consider the idea that shooting the tip with an Inner Storm may dissipate it, and since it would be extremely difficult to hit the tip even if Sparwire intended to, the Inner Storm shot randomly out to the side (away from Ashlee and her Sparwire), having no effect. Thus, the Vortex and Valerie's Sparwire hit the ground as intended, and Ashlee was able to carry out her specified sequence of action. If the Sparwire tried to get up and Valerie didn't recall it, Ashlee would have Sparwire fire another Shock at it assuming she wasn't in danger. At this point, it seemed that the battle was won, but Sparwire and Ashlee were still alert and ready to react to any tricks Valerie might have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Indeed, the attack made Sparwire's relic glow, Valerie quickly recalling the unconscious bird, still with a smirk, though not entirely understanding why her Sparwire acted in such a way. Still, it was a riskier endeavor for altitude that didn't pay off, and thus cost her the match.

"Well, it was a good try," Valerie said, mostly to herself, handing her coin off to Ashlee, not at all disheartened by the loss. "I hope to battle you again sometime. Perhaps when we're not scrubs fighting as beginners, eh?"

A small chuckle. It sounded a bit forced.
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Ashlee didn't really know what to say. She resented winning just because of how awkward it felt. She hated it when people who beat her in anything tried to make her feel better, but she also hated it when they acted arrogantly. So, she usually didn't say much. "I'd like that."

Ashlee left quickly after receiving Valerie's coin, Sparwire riding on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter's Tournament Battle #1   Starter's Tournament Battle #1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starter's Tournament Battle #1
Page 1 of 1