Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] Empty
PostSubject: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:48 am

Carl walked through the forest with Crowire. He was feeling elated, after capturing both Weddelbek and Wispy with only the worst tier of Relic. After a bad start from Natrelmon-hunting, Carl was happy to know that he was turning the tables on Lady Luck and his efforts scanning the environment had paid off handsomely. He was still hoping to find a Goll or an Atrix, but he was pleased with his captures so far. Hopefully, he could sell Weddelbek and Wispy as he wasn't really interested in either of them. He hadn't even had to use Crowire to capture any of them. Crowire didn't seem too pleased, but he was happy for his master since Carl was having such good luck. Carl, of course, couldn't know how Crowire was feeling, bar the use of mental Link. And that spell was one Carl planned on buying as soon as time and funds allowed. Calling out orders non-verbally would be a massive advantage in battle, as moves like Radio Wave were unnoticable until it was too late.

Sprits high, they once again ventured into the forest. Crowire was again flying overhead, scouting for Natrelmon. Carl was determinedly pushing through, following the path he'd hacked through the previous day as to not damage the ecosystem any more. Carl, at heart, wasn't an environmentalist, but he knew it would both hampen his chances now if he were hacking around loudly and destroying habitat, but it could ruin a chance in the future. Plus, Carl reasoned to himself, he was getting exercise this way and capturing a Natrelmon was a whole lot more satisfying when you'd worked hard and trekked your arse off to do it. Carl stopped briefly to catch his breath, and like yesterday, emptied his water bottle over his head.

Crowire scanned the forest bed. He was flying under the canopy today, since it was quite cool. Carl watched him glide gracefully overhead, hoping against hope that he could find a reasonably-leveled Goll this time. Carl liked using bird Natrelmon, and the versatility that they gave as they added another level to their battelfield, the sky. For that reason, also, he wanted a Wone. A Natrelmon that could hide underground and surprise its enemies was a powerful combatant in Carl's, and he supposed, any Trainer's book. But he couldn't find one here, they were only found in the desert and were extremely rare. That, he thought, would be due to their sheer power once they were evolved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:51 am

Rolling.

Category, Natrelmon, Level, Gender so there's no confusion with myself.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:51 am

The member 'Josh' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 57, 43, 27, 75
Back to top Go down
https://natrelmon.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:14 pm

[Level Ten Hydrus, Male.

Using Two D Relics.

90% - 10 for rarity, 20 for health, leaves 70 percent chance of capture.]

Carl saw the Hydrus, clearly distracted. Enthralled by it, and hopeful from his previous easy captures, he readied his two D Relics.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:14 pm

#1 'Percentile' : 77

--------------------------------

#2 'Percentile' : 76
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Both of Carl's Relics failed, to his utter disappointment.

"Crowire, Radio Wave!" Carl said. The Hydrus would be well aware of his presence now, and he would have to KO it, run back to Toran and find a Relic now. Crowire loosed the electricity in the air, being about ten feet up, and five feet horizontally away from the Hydrus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Temporary wild control given from Paul.

The Hydrus, no stranger to battling Trainers or Electric-type Natrelmon, bounded nimbly up a tree. It was naturally faster than the heavier Crowire, so the Radio Wave would equalise their speed, more or less, since the Crowire was only a few levels about it. As the Crowire fired the Radio Wave, Hydrus spat three Aqua Shots at it, to the left, right and at it, but on a downward arc, so it would hit it if it stayed stationary but also if it dived. Since it was busy with performing the attack, it would be hard, if not impossible to avoid on its own. It's Trainer could intervene, of course, but that was a victory of sorts for the Hydrus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:55 pm

"Let yourself be hit, Crowire! " Carl said.

Crowire simply shook off the weak attacks; it did little to no damage, since only one hit.

"Shock! One at Hydrus, then Multibolt at the base of the tree! " Carl, Crowire and Hydrus were in a sparsely populated clearing. The Hydrus couldn't jump to another tree, and Crowire could then nail it, as the trees were quite thin and the Multibolt would topple it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:24 pm

However, Carl had underestimated the power of Aqua Shot. It didn't do as much damage as might have been possible from an equally-leveled Natrelmon, but it certainly wasn't something you could brush off. Crowire would at least have the wind knocked out from him, and that would aid Hydrus in his next move.

As the attack hit, Hydrus fired another Aqua Shot at Crowire and leapt from the tree, hitting the ground running. The bird's Shock would either collide with Aqua Shot, the impact well delaying the attack on its way to hitting an already empty spot, or the bird would avoid it. Either way, Hydrus was running onto another tree by the time a Multibolt could be launched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:26 pm

"Multibolt, Crowire, at that tree! " Carl said as soon as he saw the Hydrus running towards the tree. Crowire recovered quickly, and fired the Multibolt off at the Hydrus, directly up the tree. It would hit the tree in three spots right when the Hydrus got there, and would almost certainly knock it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:54 pm

The Hydrus was unable to see the Multibolt from behind, and the top-spun one caught it directly in the spine. Somewhat electrocuted, it fell from the tree, the fall hurting it some more. It would be easy pickings for a capture, or even a slightly deranged Trainer to carefully knock it out and carry it back to town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Carl quickly ran over to the immoblized Hydrus. He quickly sent it into unconsiousness by pinching the nerve cluster at the back of the neck for several seconds. He figured it would work on cats, since it worked on humans. Carl removed a length of rope from his backpack and quickly bound the creature's legs together. He then beckoned to Crowire to grasp the end of the rope, which Crowire did. Crowire floated a few feet off the ground, as they walked back to Toran together. Carl didn't know what he would do about the Hydrus, but he would have Crowire continue to immobilize it until he found a suitable Relic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:32 am

Carl prepared to capture the captive Hydrus. It had begun to stir, but a strange character called Ishmael Ridley had lent him the money needed so he could buy an F Relic. He had done so, and was trying his luck now.

[Sixty percent change to capture, only rarity is subtracted due to unconsiousness.]
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:32 am

'Percentile' : 98
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:34 am

Carl sighed in frustration. He'd been unable to capture the Hydrus. Untying it, Carl released it in the forest. It staggered away, injured and still groggy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]   Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carl tries for Natrelmon again [Forest]
Page 1 of 1