HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bree

PostSubject: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:18 pm

Ashlee found herself once again bored in the late afternoon. Again, she decided to search for another Natrelmon. She still didn't have a good Water type to use against the Toran Arena; although she was pretty sure she could beat the Arena without a water Natrelmon, it couldn't hurt to have one. She was getting worried that she wouldn't be able to find any good Water Natrelmon near Lifan. All she knew of so far was Kaeru.

Maybe I should go to Toran already... thought Ashlee as she left her hotel and headed for the Pinehearst store once again. This tournament doesn't seem to be progressing at all, and I do really want to go ahead and fight the Arena Master already. Plus, even if it takes me some time to get a match with him, Toran has beaches. I should be able to find some decent Water Natrelmon there. I mean, I want the reward from the tournament, but I don't to let that hold me back from further progress. I guess I'll talk it over with Isaac...

Ashlee entered the Pinehearst store, observing the seemingly depressed Synbot, and headed once more for the shelf with the Relics on it. She looked at the shelf for a moment before deciding to buy one E-Rank Relic and one F-Rank Relic, since she had used both of her Relics in the attempt to catch Feshru. After paying for these Relics, Ashlee left the Pinehearst store and headed out of Lifan, to the eastern plains.

Once she was just out of Lifan, Ashlee opened her bag and looked at the Relics within it again. Crowire would probably still be the most useful Natrelmon, at least for catching wild Natrelmon, but she did want to use her other Natrelmon a bit. Still, Ashlee decided once again to use Crowire. I can use the others in battles against other trainers. Right now, I might as well use Crowire for catching Natrelmon, since she's my best bet. With that thought, Ashlee let Crowire out of her Relic and began to wonder throughout the plains, searching for Natrelmon. Crowire flew beside her, and both kept alert for any signs of wild Natrelmon. Ashlee held her empty E-Rank Relic in her left hand as she searched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Rolling...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 pm

The member 'LadySheeana' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 42, 77, 94, 28
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://natrelmon.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Some twenty yards away was that same tree Ashlee and Isaac had visited before. He was visible on the lowest branch, one leg dangling off the side. His briefcase was set on his lap, a paper on it as a desk. A pencil was held loosely in his right hand, idly tapping the side of the limb beneath him. The trainer seemed to be half-asleep, just relaxing in the lazy light of the afternoon.

Down at the base of the tree was his Grianos... no, two Grianos, upon further inspection. One was partially concealed behind the other, a little smaller. They both seemed to be asleep, although the large lizards often did when they weren't actively trying to do something.
Back to top Go down
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm

As Ashlee walked forward, she saw a tree on the horizon. It took her a while to realize that it was the same tree near which she and Isaac had found the Anuret the other day. She became excited when she saw some figures underneath the tree once again. That's quite a few wild Natrelmon...

"Crowire, keep your eyes on the big one and Multib-" Ashlee stopped talking when she became close enough to the tree to make out the figures underneath it: Isaac and two Grianos. This didn't dampen Ashlee's mood much, however: she was still happy to see Isaac and now she wouldn't need to call or message them. "Um... sorry about that. I... thought you were a Natrelmon. But, anyway, hi, Isaac. How are you?"

"I see you've caught some more Natrelmon," said Ashlee, noticing the second Grianos. "I'm looking for some at the moment myself, but I'm not having much luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Isaac stirred, yawned, and looked over for who was talking to him, blinking as he focused on the brighter area. He saw Ashlee as he recognized her voice and jumped, nearly dropping his pencil. He smiled as he got a hold of it, turning on the branch so that he faced her, both of his legs dangling down. He slid his briefcase to rest on the limb to his left.

"Hey," he said, wondering for a moment why she was apologizing, but realizing what happened after a moment. "Yeah, I found this little girl yesterday. Well, not that little," he added, laughing. "Actually, I'm not sure I'm going to keep her. She's affectionate and I'm sure she'll be a good fighter, but I don't know... it feels strange having two of the same Natrelmon." Isaac glanced down at the Grianos a moment, shaking his head. He looked back up to Ashlee. "Would you like to take care of her? If so, I would be happy if you'd consider it a gift." He drew a card from his pocket.

Their talking seemed to have woken one of the lizards. The smaller one raised her head, yawning hugely. She really was quite cute... for a three-hundred-odd pound lizard, that is.
Back to top Go down
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 pm

"Um... wow," said Ashlee, surprised at Isaac's offer since the two hadn't known each other for long. I guess it only makes sense to him, though. He doesn't need two Grianos... and that one looks weaker than his. And he would also be less attached to it... and it also wouldn't be as afraid of Crowire, thought Ashlee, recalling how Sparwire had repeatedly attacks Isaac's first Grianos in their battle. Plus, I guess I sort of do want a Grianos. I really want one, actually. Grodra seems very useful. "If you don't mind giving her away, I'll accept. Thank you, though. Thank you a lot... and if it's any better, I could give you Kaeru for her," laughed Ashlee.

Crowire landed on the ground next to Grianos, interested in her possible future companion. She chirped happily at the Grianos, inadvertently also causing the air around her to crackle with electricity. Hopefully it wouldn't startle the lizard too much.

"So... I've been thinking," said Ashlee. "I'm not sure if I want to stay around for the tournament. It hasn't really progressed much since I got here, and I think it's going to take quite a while for it to finish. I mean, I want the reward... but I also don't want that to slow me down."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Isaac carefully dropped down from the tree, bending at the knees as he reached the ground to reduce the shock. He rose to his feet and stepped over toward Ashlee, careful not to tread on the Grian... damn! The plural of the lizards eluded him yet again! Grani? Griani? Grianoses? There was another reason to make a gift of the lizard. Not that he needed a reason to give a gift to Ashlee.

"A smile will more than suffice," he said, holding the card out toward her. It had a stunning color drawing of the Grianos depicted on one side, and the other was blank. The lizard seemed so lifelike, staring up out of the card with eyes all full of youthful wonder. If it didn't change shape when she took it, he planned to add a sketch of her evolved form on the opposite side, whenever she did evolve. If it did change shape, it would be in color.

The Grianos' tongue flicked out, smelling the bird. It was hard to tell her expression at this point, though she seemed curious. Perhaps she'd never seen a Crowire before, or even a bird on that scale.

"It doesn't seem like there would be all that many battles left in it, anyway..." Isaac said, not really sure of what to say to that. He was ready to leave at any time... really, he'd only been hanging around for Ashlee. He hadn't thought of it that way, but he realized it was true. Still, he didn't want to urge her to leave and be the reason she didn't get that reward.
Back to top Go down
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Ashlee hesitated before taking the Relic, since she expected it to take the form of a small statuette of Grianos and she wanted to admire Isaac's work before it did. Thus, she looked at the Relic while Isaac held it. But when Ashlee did take the Relic, it didn't change shape at all. "Hmm... that's odd," said Ashlee. "Though I suppose I'm not too familiar with how Relics work. Anyway, thanks a bunch." Ashlee tested the Relic, to make sure that it really recognized itself as hers, by attempting to recall Grianos. It still surprised Ashlee slightly when the Grianos did return to the Relic, though she didn't really no why.

"So... do you want to make plans to head for Toran tomorrow?" asked Ashlee, excited to leave Lifan. Though she had technically already begun her Natrelmon journey, she had been in Lifan the entire time. Now, traveling from place to place... it seemed exciting. "We could even leave tonight, if we wanted to. I think there's a train leaving soon."

Crowire was surprised when Grianos disappeared from right in front of her. She chirped loudly and the air crackled with electricity once more. She then turned to face Isaac and Ashlee, observing what she could of their conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 pm

'Percentile' : 68
Back to top Go down
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Only rolled once because I am an idiot...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:24 pm

'Percentile' : 100, 28, 5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:18 pm

"Well, I'm ready to go whenever you are," he said, smiling. "I've not been on a train before. Well, not that I remember, anyway. I might've been when I was moving to Sakura as a kid..." Isaac shrugged, realizing he was trailing off. "Sounds like it'll be a novel experience, anyway. Do you want to take one last look around for some Lifan Natrelmon?"

He glanced at the card relic, curious why it hadn't changed shape. The relic that one steel trainer had lent him had shifted to a card when he'd taken possession of it. Maybe it depended on... um... he really had no idea. It was times like this Isaac wished he'd payed more attention in those Natrelmon Theory classes. Still, he was sort of pleased it hadn't changed. It felt good that Ashlee would have some more of his work at hand.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:18 pm

The member 'Durst' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 25, 96, 40, 3
Back to top Go down
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm

"I'm not sure. Apparently the train ride to Toran is really short, so we don't really need to hurry at all. It feels sort of... weird, talking about leaving Lifan, even though I've only been here for a few days... but yeah, let's definitely look for some Natrelmon. I don't really want to go home empty-handed tonight." Ashlee's thoughts then drifted to home and her close family. She hadn't really thought much of any of them other than Aiex in her journey and that made her feel bad. I should have called... thought Ashlee. I was just too caught up in being a Natrelmon trainer. Ashlee then resolved to call her parents when she got home tonight. While she was thinking, however, she didn't hear anything Isaac might have said.

"Sorry, what?" asked Ashlee. "I uh... zoned out. Did you say something?"

Crowire then moved closer to Ashlee and Isaac, looking up at the two. She was rather excited to leave Lifan and take on the first Arena, confident in her ability to overcome the Arena Master... if Ashlee used her. Crowire also wondered what Isaac's Grianos was doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Isaac nodded. "I still feel like there's some Natrelmon over by that pond. We never really took a good look around there the last time." Their last search had ended rather abruptly, actually. Still, it had been getting late, so it was understandable. Maybe he'd have some better luck with finding a Natrelmon this time. Actually, he wasn't even sure what sort of Natrelmon he wanted... a water type would come in handy for the Toran gym, but many of them needed water to function properly, like Armkfish. How much use would a fish out of water be? Now that he thought about it, he wanted something that could fly. Whenever he fought something that could fly, he lost. That seemed a rather clear sign.

When Ashlee asked, he realized he'd been drifting into thoughts, too. He nodded toward the pond. "I, uh, think we should go check out the pond over there again," he repeated, glancing down at the Crowire as it moved closer. He smiled toward it. The bird was really a magnificent creature. If he hadn't found Sakura, and he'd still become a Natrelmon trainer, he probably would have started with a Sparwire. It was so graceful in the air, and that power... he could hardly imagine what abilities it would have later on. Did Crowire evolve? He was pretty sure he remembered something about a... a falcon? Falcon... falcon... he gave up.

He tapped his Grianos with his foot. The lizard's eyelid flitted open, slanted pupil looking about before finally focusing on the three figures beside her. She stretched out, almost like a cat, and rolled onto her side.
Back to top Go down
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 pm

"Alright, then," said Ashlee and she began to head towards the pond, interested in what Natrelmon could be found there. She did want a strong Water type for the Toran Arena, as she had thought numerous times before. Crowire could probably fight through the entire Arena herself, but Ashlee didn't want to let Crowire grow too much stronger than the rest of her Natrelmon. If she did, Ashlee might have trouble in Ward, where Crowire was especially weak to the Arena Master's dominant type, and later Arenas where one Natrelmon probably wouldn't cut it.

Ashlee and Isaac reached the pond fairly quickly since it wasn't too far away, and Ashlee began to look both in the pond and in the surrounding area for Natrelmon. Almost anything would be alright with her at this point. Crowire began to eagerly circle the pond in anticipation, ready to dodge or attack if she needed to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 pm

'Percentile' : 56, 17, 34, 18
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:17 pm

Isaac started after Ashlee, but after a few paces noticed Grianos still wasn't following. He frowned. "Come on," he said, feeling a little embarrassed at the disobedience his Natrelmon was showing in front of Ashlee. She didn't so much as twitch a muscle. Isaac's ears burned red. "Grianos..." he said, and sighed. This behavior was, he was becoming more and more aware, typical of the lizard. She would sleep and ignore orders more often than not unless he actively used the power of the relic to force her to obey his will. He hated doing that. He wanted his Natrelmon to be partners, not slaves.

He called her back to the relic, shaking his head. He didn't have time for that, and didn't want to have to yell at the lizard or try and bribe her with more granite in front of Ashlee. Besides, she was now two yards or so ahead of him and he didn't have time to mess about. He called out his Bruse in her place, knowing he would be much more cooperative. The bull yawned as he appeared, shaking his legs individually. If Ashlee took a closer look at him, she might notice Bruse had grown quite a bit since she'd last seen him. In a little while he'd probably be ready to have someone ride him. Isaac wondered idly if Ashlee was one of the girls who loved horse riding, and whether Bruse was close enough to a horse to qualify. He was bovine rather than equine, but the same principle applied, didn't it?

Isaac shrugged and hurried along after her, Bruse following along at an easy trot. After a few moments they reached the pond as well, just after Ashlee. He looked over in the other direction, scanning water and bushes for Natrelmon. Bruse walked over to the water's edge and started to drink.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:17 pm

The member 'Durst' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 88, 7, 31, 62
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Sat May 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Ashlee would come across a Ficicle, very rare for this time of year. The grass around it was frozen, crystalline coating sparkling in the light, and the surface of the water close to it had a thin layer of ice as well. It looked uncomfortable and out of place, unsure of where to go or what it should be doing. Perhaps it had gotten lost in its migration to a colder climate. In any event, it wouldn't fare well if left in the wild here, out of its element as it were...
Back to top Go down
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Sat May 01, 2010 3:56 pm

"Shh," whispered Ashlee to Crowire and Isaac, too quiet for the Ficicle to hear. "It doesn't seem to have noticed us yet. Crowire, Multibolt and keep your eyes on it."

Crowire obeyed and the silence was broken with electricity crackling through the air, though the sound probably wouldn't give enough Ficicle enough time to dodge, especially given the way the Multibolt was fired, which was the same as the previous time it had been used. After the Multibolt was launched, Crowire would be ready to move or attack as necessary. Ashlee was also ready to use spells or a Relic to aid Crowire.

As Isaac called out the Bruce, a shadow would pass over the Natrelmon as Pendrag began to circle around Bruse. The Natrelmon flew about ten feet above the ground and about fifteen feet away from Bruse. It would certainly be hard for the Fighting Natrelmon to deal with a flying opponent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Sat May 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Perhaps the Ficicle could have tried to evade the attack if it had immediately reacted to the sound of the electricity. Sadly, it did not jump to that conclusion, and was somewhat delirious from the heat in any case. It turned to look at the source of the sound and was struck by all the bolts simultaneously. It yelped as its muscles locked up, causing it to collapse to the ground, and tried to rise to its feet. Using its fighting innate and activating the only fighting move it could currently use, it managed to do so, but was open to an attack for that moment... or an attempt to capture it with a relic.

Isaac stared open mouthed at the Pendrag, completely taken aback. He hadn't ever seen anything like that out in the plains before! It was spectacular! If he could catch that creature... He backed away from Bruse, clutching his briefcase tightly, trying to think of some sort of battle plan. It seemed to want to eat Bruse. Well, that was a start. It had motivation to attack. What did he remember about dragons... well, they had that nasty breath. Possibly it would pass low over Bruse to try and bring it down with its breath before coming in for the kill?

Bruse let out a concerned 'Moo' as Isaac backed away, leaving him all alone against the beast. Pendrag was practically a natural predator to his species. He had cause to be afraid. "Prepare for an assisted jump at full power," said Isaac, choosing his words carefully. It was the only chance the Bruse really had.
Back to top Go down
Bree

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Sat May 01, 2010 4:26 pm

"Crowire, use another Multibolt!" shouted Ashlee, wanting to weaken the Natrelmon as much as possible before she attempted to capture it. Ficicle would also now be unable to move due to Glare, so there wasn't really a chance for it to dodge. The arcs of electricity would hit its body and weaken it severely. With that, Ashlee would attempt to capture it in her Relic E.

Pendrag turned at Bruse from straight in front of it, preparing to use a combination of Raking Claw and Corkscrew on the Natrelmon. It was strange that Pendrag attacked it head on, but maybe that was just part of its personality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   Sat May 01, 2010 4:26 pm

'Percentile' : 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]   

Back to top Go down

Ashlee tries for a Natrelmon [Plains]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next