Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] Empty
PostSubject: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 am

The plains were quiet. That was all Ridley knew. Perhaps it was the sheer vastness of them, extending beyond the horizon and more. It made them serene and somehow ominous. Ridley shivered. He had a tendency to ruin things for himself by thinking the worst of them. Currently, he was envisioning the unfortunate fact that the plains were wide, and somebody could lie here, injured or dying, and might not be found for days. It was a sobering thought.

Around him, his two Natrelmon thought no such dispiriting things. Olena and the recently caught Happle bounced along merrily, enjoying the surroundings. Ridley had already decided that Happle was unsuitable for his team, but he had seen no reason why it shouldn't enjoy the sunlight in the meantime. Said Happle rolled along merrily, up and down miniature hills, valleys and roads. Ridley smiled, deciding that, although he didn't want it, it would surely make a good Natrelmon for somebody.

His thoughts turned to the Natrelmon he did want. It was a thought that crossed his mind more often that not these days. He had heard of an Armic which he wanted for his Olena, as it would provide both armour, a last-resort defense using the Tag Team innate ability, and a powerful Psychic/Steel combination to any moveset. He had, of course, heard rumours of unique Natrelmon that were reputed to bear the power of a hundred Natrelmon, and other such rumours.

Still, if that were true...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:45 am

Rolling, yo.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:45 am

The member 'Archfeared' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 55
Back to top Go down
https://natrelmon.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:46 am

Stupid lag. The above is my first roll.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:46 am

#1 'Percentile' : 86

--------------------------------

#2 'Percentile' : 39

--------------------------------

#3 'Percentile' : 53
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:34 am

Unsuccessful.

At least, that is what Ridley was so far. The Natrelmon, it seemed, were rather scarce in this area. Or they were hiding. Or previous Trainers had been more successful. It mattered little to Ridley or overall. The fact of the matter remained that this area was a dead spot for Natrelmon. This plain is deserted. I'd better move on - but not before plotting my course. Wouldn't want to get lost in this windswept purgatory, would I?

As Ridley considered this, he unslung his backpack and rummaged through it roughly, dropping various items - bandages, food supplies, his PDA - onto the grassy knoll beside him. Finally, he found what he was looking for - a compass. He straightened, turned, and began to orient the device to north, as Lifan was directly south of his location. Having done so, he looked forward, sighting a landmark and plotting his course towards it. Navigation, as the son of a fisherman, came easily to him.

Intrigued by the odd motions that he made whilst operating the compass, Olena and Happle crowded around the compass. "Here, guys. It's a compass - but that means little to you, does it?" Ridley laughed, passing the circular device to them as he repacked his gear. The little Natrelmon took turns twisting and turning it, evidently bemused by the magnetic attraction the compass operated via, as they turned at different speeds - first fast, then slow, then extremely fast - to change the needle.

"Okay, you can hold it, but let's go." Ridley smiled, amused by how such a device that seemed almost obsolete by human standard could be so mystical in the hands of Natrelmon. It put the stark differences between the two species in perspective, and how so. Still, thought Ridley, we are also alike in many ways. Especially in emotion. Joy, sadness, excitement, anger - especially anger - simultaneously compel and stop us.

It was a strange thought, but not uncommon to Ridley.

He crossed the plain at a steady walk as Olena and Happle followed - one rolling, one hovering - still enthralled by the compass. Ridley hoped they wouldn't break it or damage it in some way - despite the recent technological revolution, in which the innovative PDA device performed the combined fuctions of a laptop, mobile phone and music player, Ridley still enjoyed the reliability of the compass. Sure, the technological revoluton made life easier, faster and better - or so the corporations would have you believe, thought Ridley with a trace of cynicism - but the compass didn't run on battery or depend on location.

Finally, Ridley was near the end of his journey - both in writing the paragraphs (there goes the fourth wall) and to his location. A serene breeze floated through the plains from the northeast as Olena and Happle caught up, finally losing interest in the compass, which Ridley gratefully retrieved. Then, relishing the exercise and the clean country air, he climbed the final few stes to a particularly large hill, looking around - and desperately hoping (there goes the wall again) - for a Natrelmon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 am

Rolling, yo.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 am

'Percentile' : 59, 97, 28, 24
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]   Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ridley tries for a Natrelmon, II [Plains]
Page 1 of 1