Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just Keep Watching The Skies!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Just Keep Watching The Skies! Empty
PostSubject: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:39 am

Isaac walked through the plains once more, shortly after his battle with the Kaigara trainer. That had been an interesting one, sure enough. He hadn't expected much from Bruse, given the apparent disparity in power between the two. Still, he had done quite well, and Isaac was feeling much more confident about future battles. For a while he'd been considering keeping Bruse out of battles for a while, but now he was thinking he might let he test its strength a bit more. After all, he had certainly earned the chance with that last battle.

He glanced beside him where his Grianos paced, seeming to enjoy the time in the sun. The lizard was still, physically speaking, very powerful. Still, as... Grianoses? Grianosi? Griani? Well, as far as the large stone lizards went, it was still somewhat weak. Ashlee's Natrelmon were all getting so powerful at this point, at least that he'd seen, and he wanted to try and keep pace with her. Examining this desire, he realized it might be a more refined urge to impress her somehow by training his Natrelmon better, and that he'd been acting on it somewhat. Aside from that initial drawing, he'd not taken a sketch since he'd met her. It was as if his creative thoughts had been diverted.

He shook his head. Maybe he just hadn't been inspired. He'd not had his materials with him when the Anuret appeared, and the other Natrelmon he'd seen had been... well... quite frankly, it had been a mud-colored turtle. Surely he'd feel the warm, burning urge to create art once he'd seen a properly aesthetically pleasant Natrelmon. On that note, he realized he'd drifted off in thought and had been ignoring his surroundings... and nearly walked into a bush. Grianos paused by the bush as well, tongue flicking out, peering into the foliage... perhaps a Natrelmon was inside?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:40 am

Rolling...
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:40 am

The member 'Durst' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 80, 19, 7, 64
Back to top Go down
https://natrelmon.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Isaac waited a few moments, but a Natrelmon failed to materialize. He shrugged, smiling at the Grianos, and patted her on the head. She must have just been curious why he'd paused at the bush. Natrelmon really were smarter than they were often given credit for. He remembered hearing some were more intelligent than others in a class... psychics were the most intelligent, and then... dragons? Yeah, and then dark types... or was it ghosts? Those classes seemed a lifetime away, now. He missed the floral scents on the air, the cherry blossoms drifting down around...

He shook his head. Things were fine here, and he was following his dreams and all. He should be focusing on and enjoying all the things he had going for him right now. Anyway, he would be able to visit Sakura soon enough if he followed the trail of gyms. There, a third reason to challenge Arenas. His other two were, of course, to help train his Natrelmon and to sketch the rare creatures no doubt in the employ of those Arena masters. He'd heard the Toran gym had one of those fire birds, Atrix. He could almost see it now, a splendid phoenix soaring, wings trailing flame... and there would only be more spectacular Natrelmon to come.

Isaac had started to walk away, once again trailing off in thought. He blinked, and glanced over to Grianos... or rather, the empty patch of ground where Grianos would normally be. She was still by the bush, hissing, as if challenging some creature inside. Maybe there was a Natrelmon in there after all? He took a few cautious steps in that direction, calling to the lizard, who ignored him. She was intent on the bush. Whatever was in there seemed to have aroused her ire, somehow. Or maybe she didn't like how the leaves smelled, or something? He tried to get a better view into the branches, tilting his head to the side...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm

((Rolling for today...))
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm

#1 'Percentile' : 90

--------------------------------

#2 'Percentile' : 69

#3 'Percentile' : 80

#4 'Percentile' : 64
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Isaac shrugged, still not seeing anything. Maybe a Natrelmon had been there and Grianos was smelling it... or there was one in there and it wouldn't come out. Still, either way, it wasn't worth the effort investigating the bush any further. He sighed, and patted the side of his leg. "Come on, Grianos," he said. The lizard still didn't move. He frowned. It was all well and good to be eager to fight and all, but the smiles were over. He had given her an order, and she hadn't responded. This simply would not do. She needed to listen to him when he spoke.

"Grianos, come on!" he exclaimed, not bothering to hide the irritation in his voice. The lizard turned her head and gave him a long, blank look and then, deliberately, turned back to the bush. Isaac bristled. "Fine! Go ahead and do what you like! I'm going to go look for some real Natrelmon, but I hope you have fun playing around with that, that, that shrub!" Isaac turned on his heel and stormed off, fuming. In truth, he was a little surprised at himself; he'd never gotten this worked up about anything before. Something about the Grianos' way of disobeying him had just struck home.

After a few yards he began to feel rather foolish about the whole thing. What was he gaining from blowing up at his Natrelmon? He glanced back at the bush to see what Grianos was doing, trying to think of some way to save face. The lizard had begun assaulting the bush. She'd disappeared halfway into it, still hissing, causing the entire plant to shake and tremble. He smiled, shaking his head. If there wasn't a Natrelmon in there, it had to be some sort of lizard-nip plant, if such a thing existed. He started back toward the bush at an easy pace, watching the Grianos' progress as she determinedly searched on her own.

After a few moments he whistled. Grianos' head rose from the center of the bush, and he broke into a grin at the sheer amusing nature of the entire image. "Stay right there," he said, flopping to the ground and opening his briefcase, retrieving a pencil and paper. He began to sketch the bush and lizard, the latter of which was looking distinctly confused about everything. The sun was starting to descend now, making some lovely shadow effects on the individual leaves of the bush, which he carefully added to the drawing. The silence in the plains was only broken by the whine of insects and the occasional rustle of Grianos shifting her weight.

Isaac added a few more details to the drawing before letting out a contented sigh, setting down his pencil. He slipped paper and pencil to briefcase and drew something out, holding it behind his back and rising to his feet. "Now, what do I have for a good girl?" he asked in a sing-song voice. The Grianos' eyes widened slightly, and she began to struggle to free herself from the bush and get to Isaac. He smiled at the vigor in her movement compared to her previous attitude. If only she would act that way in battle.

"Here it is," he said, holding the lump of granite up for her to see. "Lie down," he commanded, and she slumped to the ground, eyes locked on the stone. "Roll over," he continued. She did so, flipping and twisting on the ground to try and get back to her feet. Isaac laughed. "Good girl," he said, tossing the stone toward her. It was snatched out of the air in one swift movement. Isaac glanced back at the bush one last time with a sigh. She'd seemed really excited about something in there... it must have gone...
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:42 pm

'Percentile' : 57, 13, 9, 39
Back to top Go down
Naltir

Naltir

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Isaac would nearly trip over the Grianos, which was currently lying in a small nest and possibly asleep. That, or it was simply oblivious to the world around it at this time. It's head stuck out from the side of the bush oddly in the sun, while the rest of its body was cooled by the shade. At this point there didn't look to be much reason to fight it, not unless the relic failed. Even then the Grianos did not appear to be powerful at this time. It did look oddly peaceful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Isaac wobbled on his foot, not believing he'd not noticed that beast before. He took a hesitant step back, drawing a relic from his pocket. Maybe he'd get it without having to hurt it... Grianos moved toward it, however, surprisingly quiet for a beast of her size.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 pm

'Percentile' : 94
Back to top Go down
Naltir

Naltir

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 pm

The Grianos woke up and looked at Isaac, but it didn't attack, instead it made an unhappy noise and sat there, looking quite intimidating. It hadn't quite realized that he had tried to capture it, and was still half asleep, however it did notice Isaac's Grianos, which caught its attention far more than Isaac himself. This was also probably why it had not reacted in a threatening manner immediately, it would probably attack if the next attempt failed to capture it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Isaac drew his second relic, frowning. That wasn't... according to plan. He tried to capture it again. Grianos was less patient, however. The other female Grianos offended it. Three stone blades thrust up at the smaller giant lizard from underneath as the relic took effect. Possibly they would make the difference in this attempt...
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 pm

'Percentile' : 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Keep Watching The Skies!   Just Keep Watching The Skies! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Keep Watching The Skies!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Natrelmon :: Databook :: Archive-
Jump to: