Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wide, Open Spaces

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bree

Bree

Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:44 pm

Ashlee, a bit confused with Isaac's reservations about the briefcase, took it from him, but before she had time to ask, she heard the grass moving behind her and what seemed like light footsteps. She turned around and spotted the Anuret.

"Isaac, there's a Natrelmon!" Ashlee didn't really want to take Isaac's chance at a Natrelmon, but he was still part of the way up the tree. It would take a moment for him to get down and Ashlee didn't want the Natrelmon to get away. With that in mind, she shouted a command: "Crowire, Multibolt!"

Crowire obeyed and fired the Multibolt straight at the Anuret, though there was something slightly unusual about the attack: the individual bolts of electricity were placed in a rough square pattern with no shot headed directly for the Anuret; however, when the bolts reached Anuret, they all arced in toward the Natrelmon; the bolts stayed to the sides for long enough to cut off the Natrelmon's escape routes, but even if it didn't move, it would still be hit by all of the attacks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:20 pm

The Anuret bolted forward as the electric attacks were launched, mixed instincts telling him to dodge and to move forward before the prey got away. At this range, though, the bolts moved faster than the jackal could to dodge forward. The bolts struck him in the hindquarters, badly scalding his fur, and he let out a yelp, attentions switching to the Crowire. His tail whipped in the bird's direction with a crack, sending three poison barbs in its direction, and he tried to back into the grass where his den undoubtedly lay. He was heavily favoring his left leg, his right back one apparently more affected by the bolts.

Bruse stamped his foot, stepping in between Ashlee and the jackal protectively. He let out a threatening 'Moo!', despite being considerably weaker than the jackal. The jackal flashed a venomous glance in the bull's direction, but was on the retreat now, and devoting his attention to the Crowire, the obvious threat.

Isaac tensed as the jackal was spotted, and glanced around immediately for something to throw. Not that it would do much good. He felt rather useless up here. "Hey, little guy! Up here!" he exclaimed. The jackal immediately looked up toward him and barked, distracted for the moment, leaving him open to a strike, perhaps... The amount of people and Natrelmon around him was probably overwhelming. He had certainly misjudged the odds of trying to take down that low-level Bruse...
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:34 pm

"Crowire, keep your eyes on it an get ready to launch another Multibolt!" shouted Ashlee, caught up in the heat of battle too much to realize that this should be Isaac's Natrelmon.

Crowire obeyed, and, since she hadn't lost sight of it since she had first seen it, the Anuret's muscles would soon lock up as it came under the effect of the move Glare. Now, it wouldn't be able to dodge the Multibolt, so Crowire aimed the attack straight at the Natrelmon's chest once it was safely standing still. The individual shots of electricity from the Multibolt were closer together this time and so the attack would probably do a good deal more damage than the last one, especially given the new target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:49 pm

The Anuret was struck dead on by the bolts, collapsing to the ground in a twitching, whimpering heap. There would probably not be a better chance to catch him. Bruse moved cautiously toward him, sniffing the downed Natrelmon, nudging the jackal with his nose.

Isaac smiled. "Go ahead," he said to Ashlee. "You earned this one, heh."
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Ashlee tried to catch Anuret in her Relic E.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:57 pm

The member 'LadySheeana' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 56
Back to top Go down
https://natrelmon.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:12 am

Isaac's smile widened. "Nice job!" he exclaimed, and waved his arms a bit as he wobbled on his perch. He rose to his feet again, leaning on the trunk of the tree. "Are you going to name it?" he asked curiously, reaching up to take a branch above him. His fingers closed around the branch, and he started to climb up.

Bruse jerked back as the jackal vanished, letting out a 'Moo!' of surprise. He sniffed the ground where it had just been, growing very worried about potential predators vanishing from the face of the earth. After a moment, he looked back at Ashlee with a very concerned expression.

Isaac walked his feet up the trunk as he had done before. Partway up, though, his foot slipped. He jerked down, left hand losing its grip, holding by the one hand now. The entire branch shook, possibly enough to dislodge a Natrelmon further out.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:12 am

The member 'Durst' has done the following action : Dice

'Percentile' : 92, 73, 2, 87
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:17 am

"Not sure," said Ashlee. "Probably not. I haven't been naming my Natrelmon so far." Ashlee reached into her bag and recalled her Crowire, deciding that she could use a rest. She also smiled at Bruse's behavior.

"Are you alright!?" asked Ashlee when Isaac slipped on the branch. This seemed to confirm Ashlee's problem with climbing trees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:37 am

Isaac had closed his eyes for a moment, focusing entirely on the grip of his right hand, not daring so much as to breath. He was easily ten feet off the ground at this point. Falling would not be good. After a moment he slowly brought his other hand up to the branch and, with exaggerated care, let himself down to the first branch. He climbed down to ground level and, as he touched down, finally exhaled, visibly relaxing. "Yeah, I'm... fine." he said, flashing Ashlee a confident smile. On the ground that branch didn't seem nearly as high as it had when he'd been hanging from it.

"Come to think of it, I haven't climbed many trees either," he said casually, trying to blow off the mistake and set her at ease. "I never really saw reason to. The pines at Relin were all sappy and prickly, and I was too young then anyway, and the cherry blossoms at Sakura... hm. I just never did." He smiled again, looking around. "I didn't see any Natrelmon up there, anyway. There was a pond over in..." Isaac looked around, trying to ascertain something. "... that direction, though," he said finally, pointing west by north west. "Maybe there'll be one over there?"

Bruse snorted, looking where Isaac was pointing and starting in that direction, now seeming a little skittish. He tried to regain confidence in himself by stamping his hooves and generally sounding bigger than he actually was. Contrary to the intended effect of making him look big and tough, however, it made him look more cute and adorable. He didn't notice this. He fully believed he was being intimidating.

Isaac moved to follow Bruse, but hesitated, remembering something. "Do you want me to take my box back?" he asked, referring to the briefcase. Probably she would, but it would have been rude to just snatch it from her hands. It wasn't very heavy, but it did have some heft to it.
Back to top Go down
Bree

Bree

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 am

"Sure, let's go. A Water Natrelmon would be especially helpful against the Toran Arena." Ashlee smiled at Bruse's behavior and began to walk towards the pond. "I don't mind carrying it, but you can have it back if you want it. You seemed sort of... attached to it. Why is that, if you don't mind my asking?" Ashlee was beginning to get tired from the search, but she enjoyed spending time with Isaac, so she probably wouldn't mention it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:20 am

Isaac fell into step beside her, letting Bruse lead the way. He seemed to be enjoying the leadership.

"Well... for one it contains a majority of my worldly possessions. I've had it for as long as I can remember, ever since I was a little kid. It's like... well, part of who I am." He wasn't sure this was enough, and tried to think of something to add. "I know it doesn't look like much, but it means a lot to me. It's like a little piece of home I can bring with me, you know?"

He fell silent for a moment. Bruse let out a cheerful 'Moo!'

"Do you have anything like that?" he asked after a moment. Bruse had reached the pond now, and was sniffing at the water beside a bush, possibly disturbing a nearby Natrelmon.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wide, Open Spaces   Wide, Open Spaces - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:20 am

The member 'Durst' has done the following action : Dice

#1 'Percentile' : 63

--------------------------------

#2 'Percentile' : 84

#3 'Percentile' : 99

#4 'Percentile' : 34
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content