Natrelmon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrelmon

A free roleplaying environment inspired by Pokémon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A swap meet.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Auren was walking back from a successful Natrelmon hunt. It was a weak catch, a small Xiao, but it was a catch. He wasn't exactly sure why he had caught it, as he wasn't a particular fan of Xiaos. But, he already had a good solid Ice/Water type so the Reacat wouldn't have done him any good. Might as well pick the lesser of two whimps. However, his tune might change if, perhaps, destiny ((Cough, OOC, Cough)) brought someone who wanted a Xiao badly to him.

Last edited by The 42nd Gecko on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Here due to (Cough, OOC, Cough) Fate   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Night was also walking back from his successfulk capture with high spirits. The Feshru was a weakling, sure, almost a baby, but wasn't Shining Knight and Orkora too as well? And, by his reasoning, the more the merrier! Though, even though he was glad to have a Feshru, it didn't really match his style. Shiner was Night's laziness, and Moon Hunter was his instincts, but Feshru? Night couldn't exactly say he had a fiery personality. He needed something that was excited all the time, gleeful, even, something that loved to play around. Sighing, Night looked up. ~ I guess I'll just try again tommorrow. ~

Looking back towards the city, he was surprised to find there was another person walking the same way as him, and that they would meet in the middle of their individual paths. Waving, Night smiled, the guy seemed to be a trainer, maybe he had some cool catches. " Hey dude! Were you out catching some Natrelmon too? "

Moon Hunter, and Shining Knight were already out of their relics and were following Night from behind. His newly acquired Feshru however, was next to him, leaving a trail of ashes on the ground.
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:00 pm

"Yeah, I just caught this Xiao. Not too useful for me, but, hey, better than nothing. What did you catch?" Auren commented, bringing out the book for the Xiao, opening it so the cheerful little guy popped out.

Auren then saw the Feshru. "Awesome, you've got a Feshru? I've always wanted one of those! Would you want to trade for my Xiao?" Auren was amazed, this was exactly what he wanted. And a great addition to the team too, a fierce melee fighter! Once, the little guy got any experience, that was. That might take a little while.

Last edited by The 42nd Gecko on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Night's eyes all of a sudden perked up and glowwed when he saw the Xiao. His smile automatically got a little bit bigger at the sight of the lively little guy. " Of course dude! I mean, there is nothing wrong with this Feshru or anything but, I'd like something a little more lively, and your Xiao is perfect! But um... I'm kind of new to the whole trainer thing so.... How exaclty do we trade? I'm Night by the way. "

Night held out his hand to his new acquaintance, it was always great to meet another trainer.
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:23 pm

"We just trade relics, they'll change to suit us." Auren said as he took the hand and shook it firmly. He was not a one for limp fish handshakes. Anyway, he held out the small book he was holding to Night, as that was his relic. "I'm Auren Leland. Pleased to meet you." And, speaking of training, want to fight once we've traded, my new Feshru vs your new Xiao?" Auren thought that this was growing great. Here was another member of the dream team he had always wanted!

~Good things come to those who talk nicely with other trainers!~

Penkaz looked at Auren with disgust. He was getting passed up for fighting again? Sheesh!

"Oh, come on, Penkaz, I'll let you fight first when we go to the Toran gym? There, you happy? Four natrelmon all to yourself if you can handle them!" Auren looked and Penkaz, frowning slightly.

The Penkaz perked up significantly.

"Hmm... You're rather easy to please." Auren muttered, as he looked back at Night. "Anyway, how about that fight?"
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Night gave Auren's handshake a hard grip in response. And smiled more, he was really enjoying this. He got a Xiao! It would be a Xiart in no time, tearing everything up with Shining Knight as they tag teamed. It was gonna be awesome! Taking out Feshru's coin in his left hand, he flicked it up in the air, then took the book that Auren handed to him. As he did so, it too morphed into a coin.

When this happened, the coin he had flicked would mostly likely have been caught by Auren already and turned into a book. He smiled at Auren and his Penkaz. " Haha, you're going to Toran? That's my hometown, my dad's the Gym Leader there. If you're gonna fight him, I hope you and your Penkaz are ready. " He then smiled again, he was serious, Night wasn't the type to be malicious about these sort of things.

" And a battle sounds great! Auren was your name right? Well, Auren, I hope I'll see you again after we battle, you seem like a cool guy, and I could use a few friends along the way. Your gonna try to beat all the Gyms and challenge the Triumvirate too, right? "
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:56 pm

"Heh, yeah. You seem to be a nice guy, so it'd be good to see someone like you at the top. I myself don't plan on taking a spot in the case of actually beating them. Seems like a bit of a restrictive position, and I'm more interested in continuing my research until I die." Auren caught the coin that turned into another bulky book.

"Alright Feshru, let's go. Just avoid attacks and use your Fire breath don't risk melee unless you're sure Xiao won't escape. Burn any seeds he sows. And, move a little away from us. I don't want our pants set on fire." Feshru started trundling away from the trainers, keeping his eyes on Xiao.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:29 pm

" Yeah, I hear ya man, I personally don't want the position either. But hey, if you got something to prove, beating the Elite Triumvirate and defeating the whole league is the way to do it. Anyway, let's get this started. "

Backing off away from Auren, with Shining Knight and Moon Hunter following, Night called out to Xiao. " Okay little guy, I'ma call you Spike. Anyway, his innate can only go so far, so sow seeds and keep him away with your barbs, make sure he can't get close. "

Spike, giddy and greatly energized, hopped side to side away from Night, so that it was away from both trainers, and about 15 feet away from the Feshru across from it. Xiao got on all fours and raised his barb covered tail over his head, ready for action.
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Feshru slowly trundled forward. He was in no hurry. He figured that there was nothing Xiao could throw at him from this range that would hit. He knew that the faster Xiao could run away from him faster than he could keep up. So, his plan was to slowly trundle forward until the Xiao ran out of ranged attacks and gave up or engaged in melee. Not the fastest of tactics, but, fairly risk less as well.

Auren smiled. "It's good know I've got another non-beserker on my team."
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Night smiled at the Feshru's tactics, the little guy was smart, but then again, so was Xiao. And Night hoped that Xiao would be able to do what it needed to do to win this battle. " Okay Xiao, start with something easy, make it sweat! " Night ordered, while Moon Hunter and Shining Knight made their individual noises in agreement.

Xiao bent it's tiny legs, then kicked off the ground straight up, around three feet, right into the air. Right afterward, while still staying in the same spot, is flipped foward while flicking it's tail, launching three barbs at the Feshru. On would hit it on it's back, or depending on how it was standing, bi pedal or on four legs, it's chest. The other barbs would puncture the ground next to it, in case it tried to get away. It was from around 13 feet away though, so it had a lot of time to dodge.

As soon as it touched the ground, Xiao opened it's jaw and released two seeds that fell to the ground in front of it. The seeds began to sow themselves and would soon grow, though they weren't grown enought to heal just yet.
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Feshru leaned forward and gave a short foot long hop forward. Due to the angle of attacks, from above, all the attacks would fly over him. He then continued his slow advance. He had shortened the distance by two feet.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Xiao, in response, hopped backwards, gaining another two feet away from the creature so that they were back where they started. Sort of.... " Okay Spikey, good job, keep him away, you just need to hit him twice to half his fire's power. Then you can get in close! " The Xiao nodded, and did the same trick, firing three more barbs. But this time, when he landed, instead of just dropping seeds, he fired one more barb in case Feshru tried the same move.

" Good job Xiao, but try conserving your ammo, let the battle last a bit. "

Turning to Auren, he smiled. " So is this your first battle? Because it is mine, I hope I'm not too bad of an opponent, heh. "
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Feshru did the same dodge as before. However, the trick to hit him in the scenario of him doing the same dodge wouldn't work. The thing was, it took less time to hop forward a foot than it did fall three feet. And because the motion was the same, Feshru actually started dodging before the three dart attack before the attack was completely launched. So, he had plenty of time to regain his balance and be able to dodge the next attack.

He sidestepped the next dart, but as he did so, he used his innate on it as he passed him. A test to see whether he could burn the darts fast enough while they were on route to hit him.

"No, this is my third battle, actually." Auren addressed the other trainer, answering the question. After a brief pause, surveying the battle, he spoke again. "So far, the score is zero all. Your Xiao certainly could keep Feshru at a distance all day. And, go ahead and mix up your dodges, Feshru."
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Night sighed, this obviously wasn't going anywhere, but Xiao had to keep his distance. The Feshru seemed to be more capable of doing things on it's own for some reason then Xiao, but it was probably because Feshru was more freshly caught and could still make it's own decisions. " You know what to do Xiao, same thing, but conserve ammo. "

This time, Xiao didn't even fire barbs at the Feshru, it simply backed up again after gaining some nutrients from the seeds it had planted. Bringing Feshru's total distance closer to Xiao back to 0. Xiao let seeds once again fall from it's mouth. It needed to find a way to hit the Feshru.
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:29 pm

"If you don't risk your Natrelmon in closer ranges, you'll just waste attacks. I've learned that with Penkaz twice now. Almost any range your opponent can't fight back at will be a range you can't hit at." Auren commented. "Remember to burn any seeds you come across, Feshru."

Feshru nodded, while keeping it's eyes on Xiao. As it came across the two seeds released earlier, he let a short burst of inner heat set them both ablaze. Of course, he kept his eyes on Xiao while he did so. No point in making himself vulnerable for two seeds.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Since nothing was done, Xiao quite simply backed away again while dropping more seeds, he then began to fire them off to the left and right, so that they were growing away and out of the Feshru's range, they might be needed later. Night knew the other trainer meant well, but he also knew that the other trainer wanted to win.

" Thanks, I realized that, but I'd rather waste time and win from a far, then get agitated and get Xiao to do close combat and lose. I just got him, so I can't really get him hurt already, what kind of trainer would that make me then? Heh, by the way, I can see you got a Penkaz, do you have anything else too?"
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:14 pm

"You plan to win from afar by planting seeds? Feshru, get a little more serious with the seed killing." Auren raised an eyebrow.

Feshru began setting grass fires on the ground, to the right and to the left as he followed behind. The seeds would perish in the expanding fires.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:27 pm

As the Feshru set the fires, Night grinned and nodded, a signal to Xiao. Standing tail, Spike whipped his tail suddenly over his head, then jerked it back to it's normal position. Three barbs flew from his tail as he did this, flying right towards the stomach of the Feshru while it was lighting fires. Two of the barbs were at his sides, on the left, on the right, and were placed so that even though they would hit if he dodged to the right or left, they would hit if he stood still too.

" This is interesting, a battle of tactics instead of a battle of skill and power? I'm not sure if battles are usually done this way, but hey, it's my first one. "

After firing, Spike kept his tail over his head so he could fire as soon as the Feshru dodged.
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Because the barbs were aimed at such that all three would hit if he stayed still, that meant the ones to the right and left couldn't be particularly far to either side, considering the tiny width of Feshru. So, he did a short hop, one foot to the side of himself he hadn't set on fire yet, left. This meant that all three barbs missed Feshru.

Of course, this was while he was lighting fires, so, he needed a warning. Auren noted when Night nodded and barked, "Dodge!" as soon as he said it, which set in motion the events described above.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Night raised an eyebrow, this trainer was somehow keeping an eye both on him and the battle at the same time. It was now fairly obvious now that Auren was a very keen observer. Night grinned again, his first battle and he was already facing a tough opponent!

Xiao backed up again even though Feshru hadn't gained any distance, just to be on the safe side. He just needed to lad two hits with his barbs and Feshru wouldhave his power halved. But he needed to hit him first....
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Feshru resumed his slow advance and burned the seeds on his left side. He was walking forward past the point where Xiao had spread seeds, so there would no longer be fire on either side of him. Auren kept close watch in case he needed to give Feshru warning to dodge again.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Night smiled and turned to Auren, this trainer was very good, and he had already fought in three battles, but Night was determined to beat him. " I believe it's time we got serious..... Spike! Charge while dodging! " Night ordered, while still looking somewhat at Auren, he then turned to face the battle once again.

Darting diagnolly, from side to side, Spike got a few feet closer to the Feshru. Each diagnol jump took somewhat longer then the last. This could have been because Xiao was getting tired, or he was switching up the speeds for a sudden qucik burst that would prove useful later on. Each hop was quick and low to the ground, much like a normal squirells, so that anything fired would be easy to dodge.

The two Natrelmon would be about 8 feet apart by now, give or take a few inches.
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Feshru advanced as steadily as ever. He wasn't going to back down now. He probably wasn't going to slow his advance until three feet distance, but, if Xiao attacked or something, he might take a different action.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:06 pm

" Not too close Spike! " Night shouted, causing the without warning Xiao to jump back immedietly, with a short, one foot hop. It then began to retreat once more, keeping 6 feet of distance between himself and the Feshru in front of him. Whipping his tail over it's head, Spike fired one more Barb that flew stright at the Feshru a little faster then the others did. The time to react was also smaller, as the Xiao was now considerably closer. If it hit, it would land right below it's chest, and would hit it in it's stomach.

However, due to the Feshru's thick skin, it would probably only puncture enough for the poison to get it, not enough to cause alot of inner damage.
Back to top Go down

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:24 pm

[color=#CCFFFF] Feshru shifted it's weight to it's right foot which it stepped forward, leaning into it while twisting the left side of his body back. This moved his target able silhouette, making the dart fly past him as it went through space he had just vacated.

"Come now, if this is all your Xiao's got, Xiao might as well be firing it's darts with it's eyes closed." Auren chided. He was not interested in this ceaseless barrage of long range attacks that would be able to hit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A swap meet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A swap meet.   A swap meet. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A swap meet.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Natrelmon :: Databook :: Archive-
Jump to: